Bicoastal Media is seeking a forward-thinking, team-oriented and digitally-minded Director of Digital Services (DDS) for immediate hire. The DDS will be responsible for all digital operations and strategy for Bicoastal Media, and will be in charge of the day-to-day operations of New Wave Digital Solutions (NWDS), its in-house digital agency. The DDS will report directly to the President & COO of Bicoastal Media.
In a rapidly changing media marketplace, the DDS role is comprised of hybrid sales- and content-driven duties that match the challenges of today. This position requires an individual with a full understanding of the relationship that digital and social media content plays in engaging the legacy media user, as well as a deep knowledge of growing digital marketing products and services. In addition to driving the digital strategy of Bicoastal Media and NWDS, the DDS will manage ongoing vendor partnerships to support its initiatives. Finally, the DDS is a department leader, managing a Digital Local Sales Manager as well as other staff members to be added as the company grows. This is the ideal role for a highly-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a media company with an eye towards its digital future, possessing intermediate digital marketing knowledge, awareness of media trends, management experience and excitement for in an evolving industry and fast-growing department.
New Wave Digital Solutions is a fast-growing digital agency and true partner in the digital marketing landscape. At its core, NWDS believes in the value in client-focused, custom campaigns targeted at growing businesses in all shapes, sizes, industries and locations. New Wave operates under a Four Solutions model: Branding, Lead Generation, Social Engagement and Responsive Web Design. Using this model, New Wave identifies client needs both on the product and service sides to ensure maximum, trackable ROI.
Bicoastal Media operates 53 radio stations in 13 distinct markets throughout Northern California, Oregon and Washington. Bicoastal Media recognizes that today’s local consumer is mobile and engaged. Its team of professionals have joined Bicoastal Media from a wide range of professional experiences, including but not limited to: non-profit groups, corporate administrators, business consultants, and media talent from print, television and digital marketing. This diversity ensures a heightened focus on creative legacy and digital marketing approaches and solutions for client-partners.
More information is available here:
The DDS will be responsible for these primary functions:
- Manage Digital Local Sales Manager
- Oversee operation of Bicoastal Media radio station and corporate websites
- Manage client-focused online contesting (known internally as Incentive Marketing)
- Oversee operations of New Wave Digital Solutions
- Audit all digital vendors and contracts, identifying new opportunities and giving notice of non-renewal where appropriate
- Review/implement ongoing digital revenue growth strategies
- Work with station sales management and program directors to facilitate digital initiatives
- Support legacy broadcast media sales and programming with digital initiatives
- Oversee all Bicoastal Media current and new product development initiatives (Podcasts, Apps, Voice Activation Skills, SMS, etc.)
- Exceed established department revenue goals.
- Serve as a consultant by providing industry insights through up-to-date knowledge of industry trends.
- Train on both digital solutions as well as proper and effective sales techniques.
- Problem solve and strategize new marketing solutions for campaigns.
- Travel and training will be required in individual Bicoastal Media markets on an as-needed basis
The DDS must generally meet these minimum criteria, or equivalent experience:
- Passion for legacy media’s change into a digital world
- Comprehensive knowledge of current media trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player who is goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work under deadlines.
- Five or more years in sales or media management, preferably in the digital marketing industry/space.
- Experience in digital marketing sales preferred, not required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficient in a CRM ecosystem preferred, not required.
- Familiar with digital reporting and developing media strategies
- BA/BS from an accredited 4-year school preferred or relevant proven experience in Media/Digital Sales
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. A full job description can be provided during the interview process and/or hiring.
This opportunity is a remote/hybrid position.
The right candidate will receive:
- Base Salary Plus commission, Competitive Pay based on experience, bonus opportunities, Vacation/Benefits, 401K and ability to work from home.
Bicoastal Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please email your resume, along with cover letter to Mike Wilson, President & COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org